Your retirement plan matters. Done right, it can set you up to enjoy a retirement without financial worry. Done wrong or not done at all and you may find yourself in a less comfortable situation.
Our Retirement Planning Services provide:
- Detailed Review of your current assets
- Determining Realistic Goals
- Time Horizon
- Risk Tolerance
- Managing Expectations
- Social Security and Medicare
- IRA Contributions and Conversions
- Employer Sponsored Plans
- RMDs and Withdrawal Strategies
- Importance of naming beneficiaries and various way to state them
- Self-employed retirement plans
The Bottom Line
The burden of retirement planning is falling on individuals now more than ever. Few employees can count on an employer-provided defined-benefit pension, especially in the private sector. The switch to defined-contribution plans, such as 401(k)s, also means that managing the investments becomes your responsibility, not your employer’s.
One of the most challenging aspects of creating a comprehensive retirement plan is striking a balance between realistic return expectations and a desired standard of living. The best solution is to focus on creating a flexible portfolio that can be updated regularly to reflect changing market conditions and retirement objectives.